Yes! We are happy to transfer your child to a July or August session as long as we have space available. Please complete the 2020 Session Change form and one of our staff will contact you to confirm the change. We will complete all session change requests in the order they are received.
If you are unable to switch to another session, or would prefer to cancel your child's registration, please scroll down to the cancellation options section directly below.
We know that every family has a different comfort level with the idea of sending your child to camp this year. We completely understand that, and we are adjusting our normal refund policy so that you can do whatever you feel is best for your child and your family. We are offering families who have already paid any amount toward their child’s camp fees several options for what to do with these funds. So that we can prepare for staffing needs and supplies, we ask that you complete the cancellation request no later than Friday, June 19. After that date, we will not be able to refund deposits that have already been paid.
The decision to cancel all of our June sessions, as well as the cancellation of all of our spring programs does unfortunately have a financial impact. Summer camp programming accounts for more than 80% of our yearly revenue. A large portion of summer camp payments support our year-round staff who plan for camp each summer, as well as the care and upkeep of camp beyond the summer months. If you are able, please consider converting all or a portion of the fees you have paid for summer 2020 into a 100% tax-deductible donation to support Camp Tannadoonah.
Keep all fees paid for summer 2020 on your account as a credit towards future programs at Camp Tannadoonah (fall camp, spring camp, family camp, summer 2021, etc.). We will guarantee no price increase for Summer Camp 2021 for anyone who chooses this option.
Donate 4% of the fees paid to cover the credit card processing fees, and receive a refund for the remainder. When we issue refunds, we are unable to recover any of these fees. For instance, if you've paid a deposit of $100, you would receive a refund of $96 and the remaining $4 covers the fees we have already paid on your payments.
Receive a full refund of all fees paid thus far. We understand many families are facing financial uncertainties at this time and need to request a full refund.
If you wish to cancel your camper's registration, please let us know your decision by no later than Friday, June 19, 2020 by completing the 2020 Cancellation Request Form.
The typical due date for final payments is June 1. We have extended that deadline to June 30 to give you time to make a decision about sending your child to camp. If you decide to cancel, please fill out the cancellation request form by Friday, June 19, 2020. After that date, we will not be able to refund deposits.
We know the camp experience will look different this summer. Many things will be different as we adjust to new safety measures, but we don’t know exactly what they will be until we receive the final guidance from Michigan. We are working to update policies and procedures, based on new information we are receiving. A few examples of things we expect to be different:
Check-In Process: Campers will need to go through increased screening upon arrival at camp, and we expect that parents will be asked to monitor your child's temperature for 14 days before they arrive at camp. The screening upon arrival will include an interview regarding symptoms and a temperature check. We will be conducting the entire check-in process in the parking area, and parents / guardians will be asked to remain in or near your cars during check in.
Food Service: Our dining hall processes will have to be changed to limit the number of individual people touching serving utensils and passing germs. We will likely switch our family style dining to a cafeteria-style serving line, have smaller groups in the dining hall for meals, and perhaps even eat meals in different places around camp.
Activity Schedules and Large Group Gatherings: Campers will likely be required to stay in stable groups, attending activities with their cabin group or units. This will change how we run daily activities, free periods, and evening programs. We await guidance from the State of Michigan on recommended sizes for groups or cohorts. For the time being, we have reduced our camper capacity for all sessions to make sure we can comply with the group size rules when they come out.
Extra Health Care Staff: We are adding a second nurse who will be at camp all summer, and will take primarily responsibility for assessing any concerning symptoms, overseeing extra sanitation procedures, and handling all things related to coronavirus precautions.
Consent Forms: We have updated our participant consent form in Camp Doc to address the risks associated with Covid-19, and to detail the precautions and safety measures we will be taking to minimize the risks to our campers and staff.
Yes. Although we are hopeful that we will be able to offer July and August sessions, we are still awaiting final approval from the State of Michigan. Once we know more about the regulations and guidelines for safe operation, we will be able to better gauge whether we can meet those AND offer a positive camp experience while doing so.
We know that the past weeks and months have presented a string of disappointments for youth and adults alike, and we were all hoping to be able to get back to "normal" this summer. We have gathered a number of resources to help you and your campers cope with the disappointment if they are unable to attend camp this summer. Please feel free to reach out to us at camp, as well.
Young people want to shape the world.
Camp Fire provides the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are.
In Camp Fire, it begins now.