We know that the past weeks and months have presented a string of disappointments for youth and adults alike, and we were all hoping to be able to get back to "normal" this summer. We have gathered a number of resources to help you and your campers cope during these difficult times. Please feel free to reach out to us at camp, as well.
- How can I help my camper?: Our tips for handling the emotions that accompany the disappointment of favorite activities being canceled.
- How to Talk to Your Kids about Canceled Summer Plans: This excellent article contains specific language, phrases, and recommendations for talking to kids of different ages about the disappointment of canceled summer plans. It was shared by ReformJudaism.org, and specifically mentions Jewish Summer Camps, but contains great information that has nothing to do with faith-based camping.
- Emotional Regulation: A Coping Skill Activity: This calming technique can help you focus on the present rather than overthinking about the past or future.
- 51 Mindfulness Activities for Kids: These tips and activities can teach elementary-aged students how to practice mindfulness.
- COVID-19 Resource Guide: The JED Foundation shares resources for dealing with sudden changes to their regular schedules and feelings of uncertainty and anxiety, and even loss and grief, as a result of COVID-19.
- Parenting in a Pandemic: Tips to Keep the Calm at Home: These tips from the American Academy are designed to help families through the current crisis.