Deadline to Apply: October 31, 2019
Reports to: Executive Director
Camp Fire River Bend
14751 Harvey St
Vandalia, Michigan 49095
The Registrar is an integral part of the Camp Fire office team, and is responsible for customer relations, administrative tasks, and overseeing our online Camp Fire store. The Registrar coordinates seasonal staff paperwork, and is responsible for the intake, screening, and management of participant information for our after school and summer camp programs. The Registrar will also fulfill orders from our online store, and oversee inventory management for the store.
Please note: This position is part time during the months of September through April (25 hours per week), and full time during the months of May through August (40 hours per week). Additional hours during the school year may be available at our After School program sites, if desired.
About Camp Fire
Camp Fire River Bend is a chartered council of Camp Fire, a national youth organization founded in 1910. At Camp Fire, we help youth find their sparks, develop growth mindset, build goal-management skills, and reflect on their experiences. We believe that youth aren’t just future leaders, they’re leaders now. To learn more about our camp programs, visit http://riverbendcampfire.org.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to parents, participants, visitors, and user groups.
- Respond to parent, participant, and staff communications regarding enrollment, schedules, billing, forms, deadlines, activity registrations, and other questions.
- Manage and track incoming program registrations and scholarship applications.
- Coordinate, organize, and update participant and seasonal staff paperwork.
- Maintain participant and staff databases.
- Prepare and send forms and registration packets for participants upon registration.
- Handle billing, payment plans, refunds, and collections for program fees.
- Prepare and update attendance forms and participant and staff schedules.
- Work with Program Directors to prepare and send out electronic newsletters.
- Work with Program Directors to develop program content and schedules.
- Assist the Executive Director and Program Directors with updating and maintaining the Camp Fire website and social media accounts.
- Fulfill orders received through the online Camp Fire store in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Track inventory for the online Camp Fire store, and place re-orders with vendors to maintain stock.
- Receive, organize, and re-stock inventory for the online Camp Fire store.
- All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with youth.
- Experience in record/bookkeeping, data management, customer service, and general office functions preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate with campers, parents, staff, volunteers, and visitors of all ages.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer literacy including Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, multiple Social Media platforms, and previous experience with a CRM (customer relationship management software) is an asset.
- Familiarity with camp / youth development programming is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
The Registrar position will be part time during the months of September through April, and full time during the months May through August. The schedule during the school year can be flexible (for instance, the registrar could work three 8-hour days each week, or five 5-hour days, or some other schedule could be worked out as desired.
The base salary for 8 months part time, and 4 months full time will range from $20,000 to $25,000 annually, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Additional hours during the school year may be available at our After School programs, if desired. Housing and meals may be provided on site at Camp Tannadoonah during the months of June, July, and August, if desired.
The registrar receives two weeks of paid vacation, and at least one full week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Amber Grundy, Executive Director at email@example.com by October 31st, 2019.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Camp Fire Camp Tannadoonah
14751 Harvey St.
Vandalia, MI 49095